Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New trophy management for squirrels!!!!!!!

Just when you thought it was safe....

Woman bit by rabid squirrel in park
    Saturday, December 20, 2003

The first rabid squirrel found statewide in a dozen years bit a Pittsburgh woman who was walking her dog in Highland Park this week.
    "A rabid squirrel of all things," Guillermo Cole, Allegheny County Health Department spokesman, said Friday. "(Rabies) is extremely rare in squirrels. ... We don't have any records for the last time a squirrel tested positive for rabies." That's at least 27 years, he said.

Just when we thought we had something going.....Rabid squirrel. Now the dep. will open season year round to control the spread of rabies. No import/export of rodents. Heads of squirrels will be gathered for testing. Oh well, it's time for Nutmasters to kick off a squirrel benefit campaign.

Leave some for the kids!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gsp</i>
    <br />I can see the magazine now!!!! Packin' The Official Publication of NUTMASTERS.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I woke up the kids ROARING with laughter on this stuff! What a riot. I haven't laughed that hard and that loud in a LONG time...

Where do I send the money to join???!!!!!!!

Would they be mountain oysters? Tree Candy? Hickory drops?

TSHIRTS!!!!! I will pay $20 for a T shirt with this on it!!!

OK GSP, I'm game if you are. How 'bout it? Official T-shirts for Nutmasters members. Definite conversation piece. Maybe cyberhunters will want to jump in on this one. We can do this.

Leave some for the kids!

Well here in Louisiana we have some pretty tall pine's and I have found that if you shake the tree the Squirrel is in you can learn to judge/tell the difference between a Trophy boar and one that need's to be let to live to grow some more.

A true Monster will have a deeper rattle to them than a juvenile's will.[:D][:D][:D]

Try this and see if you can learn to tell the difference.[8D][8D]

LouisianaHunter

Ya might be on to something there Capt.
    Looks like this has already caught on as far south as Lousiana!!!

A big welcome there Louisianahunter. Thanks for the tip. Im still tryin to catch woodcock at nite so i'll try an get around to tree shakin next season. I would hope however that there is different catagories cause i suspect that fox(red)squirrells would be at an advantage. Anyway, should i bag(ooops!)a trophy, im gonna get the yourapeein mount!!!

what u get out, is what u put in

Good mount choice turk2di. Boy, how much more fun could you have than shaking trees to make a squirrels nuts rattle!! GSP, with that magazine cover printed on a shirt....Good stuff. I never expected this much funny feedback with this post. Who knew there were this many people as Nuts as I am. I'd be proud to be a member of NUTMASTERS. This post has kept me laughing for quite some time now. Nothing wrong with a good laugh. I really like the picture. Just might have to do that t-shirt thing GSP. I may look into some printing shops..(your picture though). Not out for money, just some fun. Right now, I've got some extra time...think I'll go shake some trees. [:D]

Leave some for the kids!

I can't take credit for the pix. It came off the internet.

Well, with all the fuss this new club will generate we will be faced with the inevitable reduction of the female squirrels. In turn this will cause the old boar squirrels to come out of the hollow trees acting stupid and looking for a mate with a set of under used and swollen...well...nuts.

Now, enter that ingenious high tech system of keeping track of our squirrel population....tel-e-nut. Of course no one will abuse this system....but. After we get the sow to boar ratio down and our one boar rule in place the question will arise...how to tell a boar from a sow squirrel.

Elementary my dear Watson...one must shake the tree and listen for nuts to rattle...preferably big ones and not "spikes" or forkies...[:D]

I also propose we measure the tails as any good set of nuts always compliments a little "tail".

Seriously, hunt because you love to hunt. Do your best to take your game quick and humane, enjoy the table fare and if anyone makes fun of you then...in the immortal words of General Anthony McCaulife when asked by the Germans to surrender at Bastogne,,,,....NUTS!!!

Thread Information