Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Thread: Green River State Forest

Default Green River State Forest

Does anyone know anythingt about this wma? I am new to Owensboro and my family has 2 great farms in Butler and Muhlenberg co, but unfortunately it is to far to drive except on weekends..... This is the closest WMA to me since I dont have any private land here to hunt. I went down there yesterday but wasnt to impressed w/ the part I was on.. It is close enuff that I can slip in after work tho, and its hard to kill one if your not in the woods.lol. So any info would be helpful as I know very little about this WMA... Thanks in advance

also I had to move here due to taking a job out of college. I have been to Higg&Hen but still to far for me to get there after work, if i drove that far I can just go home, same for Peabody....

Myself and 9 buddies leased, from '93-'01, the ground that is now The Green River State Forrest. We managed it for bowhunting only and 8 of the 10, on the lease, took at least 1 P&Y buck during that time period. A few of us have more than 1.
    Hunted less than 200 yds. from the GRSF line this afternoon. Saw 5 "slickheads" but, took no shots.
    I'll PM you with more info. Hope I can help you out.

thanx so much for your help slow-bow.. Good to know I'm not gonna be wasting my time in the area!!! I pm'd you as well

Might help if you use a map, in conjunction, with the info I gave you. KDFWR has a decent one on their site(www.kdfwr.state.ky.us). Find the map section then follow to GRSF. The highlighted portion to the far left is the area I've been speaking of.

Thread Information