Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Thread: Squirrels: "Wools", clean around? or throw away?

Question Squirrels: "Wools", clean around? or throw away?

When you kill a squirrel with a "wool" (I think everyone knows what Im talking about..wool,warble etc..) in it do you clean around it by cutting out the area that had the wool or just throw the aquirrel away?? Most of my life I have just thrown them away but anymore I just hate to waste meat like that. I had/have plenty of relatives who just cut out the bad spot and clean/keep the rest. I know Ive seen a lot worse looking spots on hogs and cattle that have just been cut out cleaned....Since the wool just gets under the skin and creates a slight swollen infected area what do you think?????

I chuck'em, just can't hardley eat'em know they had wools in'em.
    "If god didn't want us to eat animals, then why did he make them out of meat?"

The botfly pupa should'nt go past the skin. Just skin the squirrel as usual; i've never seen a problem, other than its pretty disgusting to look at.

I killed a squirrel once and carried it home and after the squirrel cooled off, the thing crawled out. It was just a big soft worm except for the exposed head, which was hard as a rock.
    'But I would rather have it bent and dull and know I had to put it on the grindstone again and hammer it into shape and put a whetstone to it, and know that I had something to write about, than to have it bright and shining and nothing to say, or smooth and well-oiled in the closet, but unused.
    E. Hemingway

You know, if you put spaghetti sauce on on your ramen noodles, it tastes just like broken dreams and disappointment.
    My college son

Just as Trust Me said! I can't ever remember seeing any meat damage.

Toss them for coyotes, they will not go to waste

i really don't think it hurts the meat,i have never ate one that had a worm in it but i had a friend that would.

I have never cleaned one with a wool. I have only seen two in my life, and both of those I tossed. I'm not sure exactly what the heck that thing was ,all I knew was it looked disgusting.
    Big Steve Hensley

I have killed many with warbles,and a rabbit or two, threw them all away. I dunno about the just under the skin comments, all I ever saw generally were in the meat around the neck and shoulders. Killed two grouse with very small breasts, they had a ball of worms(guessing tape worms) in them, I threw them away also.

Thread Information