Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Matthews Q2XL

Default Opinions on Matthews Q2XL

I wanted to get some opinions on a Matthews Q2XL that my wife bought for me from eBay. I am not supposed to know, I found out by accident. The bow was used one season and the seller guarantied the bow or we can send it back. From the pictures the bow appears to be like new and is the newest model. Here is everything included.

- Q2XL, 70LB, 30 inch draw
    - Matching Matthews one piece quiver
    - Archers Choice 3 pin lighted fiber optic sight
    - Whisker Biscuit Drop-tine rest
    - X-Ring stabilizer
    - 9 PSE Carbon Force Dominator 300s
    - 4 Goldtip 55/75s
    - 7 Muzzy 4 blade broadheads (3 still in package)
    - Tru-Fire release
    - Rattle bag
    - Hard case

I have heard Matthews bows are great. I am currently shooting a 3-year-old Jennings BuckMaster with Easton 2213ís. It has been a great bow and I have taken many deer. It shoots about 270 FPS, 70lb and 30in draw. She paid $650 with shipping included for the Matthews. Iím not sure which components of each bow Iíll keep, but I am going to switch to the carbon arrows. I will package my bow and accessories and sell.

I was wondering if we had gotten a good deal for everything. I believe the bow retails for $659 by itself. I was also wondering if anyone shoots this bow and their thoughts

Thanks!.

I think she paid a bit much for it, but looks like a nice setup. That's the bow I shoot, and I love it.

Thanks Hammer! What do you think would have been a good price? Wonder if I should have just bought a new one? I added up the bow and all the accessories and came up with about $1000. About what is the bow selling for in pro shops?

most mathews bows on ebay and other auction sites almost go for the retail price of a new bow !

Viper, I have a Q2, which is shorter than the XL. I LOVE IT[8D] You can't go wrong, I don't think. I'll tell you one thing, whatever the advertised speed is of the bow, it will do it. I shoot my Q2 at about 57lb @ 27 1/2" & it shoots my Gold Tips @ 252 fps. As for the price, I think it was pretty good for all the stuff that came with it, if you use the stuff. Tell her you LOVE it, anyway[;)] I been married for over 31 years, so I know what I'm talking about[:o)] You'll love the bow[:)] Check out the classifieds on ArcheryTalk.com for an idea of what they go for. Most aren't sold with all the goodies you got[:(]

Ralph

nice bow...about triple what one should pay for a good bow.

get a browning or a darton and go on a hunting trip with the rest of the money.

Don't feel bad....not a terribly high price for what you got.

viper, not sure about all the accessories and what they are worth. I guess if you can use everything as is and just have to get it zoned in on your target, it's a good deal.

I traded in my Reflex and got mine for 240. Added 120 dollars worth of stuff including arrows. The main thing I would worry about with a bow from ebay is getting it worked on for a reasonable fee. More likely to get ripped off at the local pro shop if you didn't buy from them. However, if you can do all the work yourself, you might have come out good. Nice start anyway, and a heck of a nice gift. I bet your honey-do list just multiplied! Good luck getting out to the woods to use it, lol!

Thread Information