Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cow Sucker?

Default Cow Sucker?

What's the biggest Cow Sucker (snake) you have ever seen? Several years ago I saw one in Owen County crossing a two lane road that stretched from one side to the other! Anybody got any pictures?
    GOD, GUNS, and GAME!!

i'm not an engineer, or an employee of the dept of transportation, but if memory serves, isnt a two lane road normally 16' across? you probably saw the worlds longest cowsucker and let it get away
    Maintaining a rigid state of flexibility....

Don't believe everything you think...

I saw one that crossed one and a half lanes of an old country two lane and was still coming out of the grass once. I figure it was a big black king snake.

We have run over some of those while bush hogging in the summer that were enormous.
    It's not so much if you win or lose - it's how you shoot the flaming arrow while riding a camel.

http://www.unclelees.com/
    http://www.wingsupply.com/

Ya'll need to quit drinking them ol' beers and smokin them ol' left handed cigarettes whey you are driving.
    You wouldn't worry so much about what people think of you if you knew how often they do!

I have caught 2 over 7 foot. The biggest was 7' - 3"
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler
    Chancellor, Germany, 1933

Don't know what a "cow sucker" is, but I was at the inlaws a few years ago. I got this one out of the neighbor lady's kitchen. About 4 1/2 feet...

I got one out of a copier machine at work a while back that went just under 6 feet. I think he was somebody's pet that got loose. He's living under my shed now...
    Last edited by chadwimc; 12-13-2007 at 12:39 AM.

Talking

GSP,

Are you sure that wasn't Shagari Alleyne & Woo? They would be about the right size & both spent most of their time laying around...
    An idiot savant is still an idiot...

[quote=chadwimc;442320]Don't know what a "cow sucker" is, but I was at the inlaws a few years ago. I got this one out of the neighbor lady's kitchen. About 4 1/2 feet...

Chad what you have there is a COTTONBELLYRATTLEHEAD you should be very careful around that species because you could hurt it.They are very RARE

It was a narrow two lanes, but two lanes just the same. It was along the Kentucky River so nothing would bother it. I wish I would have had a cell phone with a camera!
    GOD, GUNS, and GAME!!

I saw a black rat snake on a 1 lane country road here in Fayette county that was approx. as wide as the road. I'd say 7-8 feet. I stopped the car and nudged his tail with my foot just as he was going into the weeds. As soon as I touched him, he turned around real quick and went HISSSSSSSSS! I was GONE!!! The guy that owns the land I hunt on at the Boyle/ Casey county line killed a 7'2" rattlesnake. I wasn't there, but I've seen the pictures.

You always need to be careful when dealing with snakes if you are not sure what species it is. I saw an article in Kentucky Afield where a biologist was called to remove a snake from a garage in eastern KY and it turned out to be a Cobra. You just never know, but it's not the right thing to do to kill every snake you see.

Thread Information