Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The things that goes with Pinto Beans

Default The things that goes with Pinto Beans

There are so many differant things,that will go with your Pinto Beans. I like lot of them. Wondering what does everyone like with their beans. Like to fry chicken livers, with onions and eat some fry pickle corn with mind and some hard crust cornbread and some cold milk how about y'all.
    REMEMBER JESUS LOVES YOU

LittleJohn

Ya are doing good there and I would enjoy sitting down with supper with you, but I hate chicken livers. I think they taste like fried pencil erasers.

Soup beans and corn bread is the food that I grew up eating 4 nights a week. Still love them!

Fried pickel corn! Best thing EVER!!!!

Hard crust cornbread? Now you are talking! Ya got to get that skillet hot with the grease in it and don't do something stupid like pouring it in the batter!

Onions; Hot Wax and Bell peppers goes with the above well I think and does a bunch of fried taters with onions!
    I have never been banned from a county fair

Soup beans, salmon patties, macaroni/cheese and fried taters. I think that was the meal I fixed that made ol' whats-er-name want to marry me.
    'But I would rather have it bent and dull and know I had to put it on the grindstone again and hammer it into shape and put a whetstone to it, and know that I had something to write about, than to have it bright and shining and nothing to say, or smooth and well-oiled in the closet, but unused.
    E. Hemingway

You know, if you put spaghetti sauce on on your ramen noodles, it tastes just like broken dreams and disappointment.
    My college son

Hot pepper relish

salsa

chow-chow

ketchup

I like to smash and re-fry mine with a little extra garlic and chili powder, then lay it across a tortilla with some cheeze and hot sauce. Just finished off a pot yesterday. Need to start soaking some more.

How do you guys cook yours? I rinse, clean, soak overnight. Refresh the water, bring to a boil then simmer until done with an onion, carrot, couple strips of bacon and a few cloves of garlic. Is there a better way?

I love pinto beans, but I hate the most common things that go with them.......

BTW, I soak mine over night then put them in the crock pot(early am) on high with a large onion, salt and either bacon or ham scraps. I prefer the ham but sometimes there isn't any in the fridge. I let it cook all day til supper time and they are perfecto! Later that night is when things usually go wrong!
    ‎“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
    ― Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac

How about greens ,mashed potatoes, and a big pork chop?

Pinto beans, Greens, Mac and cheese and Meatloaf.......with corn bread....... probably my all time favorite comfort food meal......
    Every man dies - but not every man lives.

ffffffffffft..................gas
    Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    Also, how are you going to fry a honeybun in Canadian bacon grease? You can't. And you shouldn't try.

Quote Originally Posted by ecmbowhunter View Post
    ffffffffffft..................gas
    That's sounds so disappointing...just a quiet little ffffftttt. Not worth much, in my regard.

I much prefer the BAARRRRUUUUUMMMPPP!!!! from a kettle of beans that weren't soaked overnight, just dumped in a pot with some ham and cooked up for a couple hours.
    'But I would rather have it bent and dull and know I had to put it on the grindstone again and hammer it into shape and put a whetstone to it, and know that I had something to write about, than to have it bright and shining and nothing to say, or smooth and well-oiled in the closet, but unused.
    E. Hemingway

You know, if you put spaghetti sauce on on your ramen noodles, it tastes just like broken dreams and disappointment.
    My college son

Thread Information