Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossbow Regulations

Question Crossbow Regulations

Now that the dust has settled in Frankfort, what are the regulations as to who , what, & when can use a crossbow?
    Plant it and they will come!

Paul Downs

Quote Originally Posted by jpd2atl
    Now that the dust has settled in Frankfort, what are the regulations as to who , what, & when can use a crossbow?

Anyone can use a crossbow......Oct.1 -Oct. 22....then it comes back in Nov. 11 -Dec. 31.
    Last edited by JDMiller; 05-22-2006 at 10:45 PM.

JD - Just in case he didn't know, you can also use xbows during the ML seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by buckfever
    JD - Just in case he didn't know, you can also use xbows during the ML seasons.
    buck.....I believe those dates I listed include all the muzzleloader opportunities anyway.

I will also add that crossbows are legal equipment during the Oct.28 - Nov. 3 ...early fall shotgun turkey.

Just a personal opinion but it looks like that would be hard on the CO's to enforce when they encounter someone in the field with a crossbow during these dates....are they deer hunting ???....or....are they turkey hunting???

I think most sportsmen would abide by the rules but a crossbow & a few diaphram calls on you... would be hard pressed to prove otherwise....unless they catch you dragging a deer back to the truck. It seems to me it would have been better to run the crossbow season concurrent from Oct. 1 through at least the last day of the early fall shotgun or better yet run the crossbow season concurrent from Oct 1 - Dec. 31.

Not trying to rehash the old debate...but there are enforcement issues with this and enforcing methods exemption permits during the remainder that I'm sure the CO's would rather be focusing on more important issues. Again.....just my opinion.

I agree, problems and confusion, but that should get it changed rather quickly to at least Oct1 - Dec 31 IF not the entire season as it should be......As more people learn exactly what they really are and are not....it won't be such a "social issue" any longer.....the facts and data are on our side on all of it.......

I have to think it's either that or another changing the zones again in a few months?? Most I think would prefer expansion over going say from a 2 to a Zone 1????

The KDFWR will maintain the deer herds one way or the other(if not using addtional methods) to think otherwise is not really thinking this whole thing through, and avoiding the "big picture" IMHO

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Only An Armed People Can Ever Be Truly Free ;
    Only An Unarmed People Can Ever Be Enslaved.
    Aristotle

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

JDMiller,

You said: I will also add that crossbows are legal equipment during the Oct.28 - Nov. 3 ...early fall shotgun turkey.

Where are you getting this information from? When I look at the link below on the KDFW website it doesn't appear that way.

By the way, I'm all for full crossbow expansion.

http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/prop06s...vPath=C128C166

Quote Originally Posted by Sevcrist
    JDMiller,

You said: I will also add that crossbows are legal equipment during the Oct.28 - Nov. 3 ...early fall shotgun turkey.

Where are you getting this information from? When I look at the link below on the KDFW website it doesn't appear that way.

By the way, I'm all for full crossbow expansion.

http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/prop06s...vPath=C128C166

Crossbow is legal during any gun season for deer or turkey. This years first fall turkey season is Oct. 28 until NOV. 3RD, so crossbow is legal then for turkeys. It's also archery deer, so there has been an enforcement problem created by the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Multidigits
    Crossbow is legal during any gun season for deer or turkey. This years first fall turkey season is Oct. 28 until NOV. 3RD, so crossbow is legal then for turkeys. It's also archery deer, so there has been an enforcement problem created by the change.

Sevcrist.......if firearms are legal equipment ....crossbows can be used unless it was amended to address this particiular issue. Until some one can tell me otherwise or post up different .....you can use a crossbow to hunt turkeys Oct. 28 through Nov. 3 .

Quote Originally Posted by JDMiller
    Sevcrist.......if firearms are legal equipment ....crossbows can be used unless it was amended to address this particiular issue. Until some one can tell me otherwise or post up different .....you can use a crossbow to hunt turkeys Oct. 28 through Nov. 3 .
    I guess in their "haste" they overlooked that?

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Only An Armed People Can Ever Be Truly Free ;
    Only An Unarmed People Can Ever Be Enslaved.
    Aristotle

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Multidigits
    Now we all know there are no crossbow hunters that would do such a thing, and the shotgun would be a longer range tool, so if someone was going to poach a deer they would just sneak a slug along with them.Oh me now we got to worry about squirrel, rabbit, quail, and duckhunters. Don't forget them pesky raccon and opossum hunters that carry flashlights with them.

Thread Information