Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Thread: PVC Fleshing Beam pic

Default PVC Fleshing Beam pic

I am playing around with my digital this morning and thought I would post my latest project. I struggled with the whole fleshing beam issue since I have a very bad back problem. I had honestly never tried the traditional beam set up as I figured my back wouldn't take it. But after the Matt Jones video, I threw PVC beam together in a short time and I have had great luck with it. I found the PVC in the ditch line, where it had been discarded. The end was already cut out like that and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. It makes it a lot easier to work on the bottom of the pelts of foxes. PVC may not be for everyone, but I love it. It is especially great for beaver.

Looks like it'll work like a champ to me.

I guess I should have cleaned it up a little before I did its portrait. I was goofing around with my digital this morning. I did 3 beavers, a coon, and the greasiest gray fox I have ever seen yesterday. I had to clean it up after the coon, there was about 2 gallons of lard from it. I was real impressed with the pvc. I am going to build me another slimmer beam for foxes as there are times when I like to flesh without the pelt being doubled.

I guess we can stand a little blood n' stuff. Now, let's see a picture of the thing in use. I always used a pocketknife to flesh muskrats, but I want to see how you do it for the big critters.

These trapping pictures just make my day. Keepem coming.
    'But I would rather have it bent and dull and know I had to put it on the grindstone again and hammer it into shape and put a whetstone to it, and know that I had something to write about, than to have it bright and shining and nothing to say, or smooth and well-oiled in the closet, but unused.
    E. Hemingway

You know, if you put spaghetti sauce on on your ramen noodles, it tastes just like broken dreams and disappointment.
    My college son

Trust Me, I will have my brother snap a shot or two the next time I put something on that beam. Our largest freezer just quit, getting a new one in the morning, so I am sure that we will discover a pelt of some kind tomorrow as we clean the old freezer out. Or hopefully, a particular smart alec gray fox will be waiting for me. He has "out foxed" me two mornings in a row.

Thread Information