Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Thread: Bow hunting beans

Default Bow hunting beans

Anybody have any pearls of wisdom for bow hunting a soybean field? I have a farm to hunt that has probably a 100 acre field on it with a pond in the middle. Last night I saw what is literally the biggest deer I have ever seen on the hoof, and I've seen some biggins. Right now I'm thinking about setting up by the pond or funnels from the woods but I'm never to proud to try learning from somebody else. Any insightful tactics to close the distance to 50 yards and under in a big field?

I have been hunting a bean field too. Got my stand in a big oak tree in the fence line with some nice cover. There's beans in front of me, behind me and there are funnels of woods to my left and right with really thick weeds on the edge of the beans. I've seen deer every day but the shooters aren't in bow range and come out as it gets dark of the evening. Had a small buck and 3 doe come right under my stand. Had a cam pic last sat of an 8 pt 30 yds from my stand, of course I wasn't there lol. If the pond is the only water source it may be good to set up there or find where they are traveling into the beans and get closeby. Either should work I think.

Scout from afar, only hunt where you can get out, don't take chances w/ the wind.

The last 2 are constants. Big bean fields give you the luxury of patterning them from way off.

Evenings only. You'll blow the field out in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by tyshe17 View Post
    Scout from afar, only hunt where you can get out, don't take chances w/ the wind.

The last 2 are constants. Big bean fields give you the luxury of patterning them from way off.
    Getting late in the game now and but like Tyshe says. View from a distance if you can and hang a stand where the deer are entering the field. Take into account what the wind will be doing. You can always camo up and sit in the beans. Only lifting your head every once and a while.
    “When a hunter is in a tree stand with high morale values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God” Fred Bear

Thread Information