Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Thread: Nufletch screw on Vanes??

Default Nufletch screw on Vanes??

I just seen the commercial for these and i must say these look awesome has any got these on their arrows. The ones that you screw the piece on to the back of your arrow slide your vanes in and then screw the cap on. Where can I get some haha just looks to easy
    WhAcK eM aNd StAcK eM!!!

Was going to message Keith Medar about these earlier. Keith, you know anything about them?
    "The Heat"

"If your going to be stupid-ya best be tough"

The concept is great. The added weight to the back of the shaft would be a nightmare, coupled with an insert that would have to be 100% squared to the shaft, and then the insert face squared as well. The nock and vanes usually weighs in around 24 grains. I'm certain it will throw your FOC out of whack. From what I could find on the net, you remove 25 grains of shaft weight by cutting off the arrow shaft, and add 118 grains when you install the unit. The tradeoff is about 70 grains, which is considerable. I would say you could get away with using them with field points and maybe mechanical heads. Fixed blades would be tough, in my opinion, to tune unless you increased your broadhead weight a considerable amount. What I see is adding a bunch of weight to a shaft to get it to a point to tune it, and lose out on speed.

At $49.00 for 6, you would be money ahead to spend that money toward a bitzenburger jig and refletch your own shafts.

I have also used the vanes that come with the unit. At 40 yards, it made my POI change by several inches low. The added drag over what I was getting with the Blazer vanes was the difference. The vanes are very rigid. Arrow flight wasn't impressive either. I will stick with my old school ways.

I have been shooting them for about 3 years. To me they shoot and group just fine. I have harvested several animals using them. I always hear the FOC worries, but I practice out 70 yards with them and they do great.

wow 70 grains is alot but they just look so dang neat you know what bow and what arrows do you shoot bug fixer
    WhAcK eM aNd StAcK eM!!!

I shot a Southern I.B.O. shoot and a guy in my group shot them he shot ok, bet he would have liked not having all that weight when he shot a 50 yard lion for 40yards.It was in Alabama are they made there. He tried to sell me on them but no thanks a lot cheaper to fletch your arrows and a lot less trouble.

I shoot a New Breed Genetix 70 lbs draw with Victory VForce HV arrows. Nufletch is based out of Niceville, FL

Thread Information