Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: more bear sightings in barren county

Default more bear sightings in barren county

There were 3 bear sightings near Cave City this week. One was by a friend of mine. He called the police, and they came to investigate. While they were there, the bear came back out in the open and several people saw it. I guess they are migrating westward. I bet they will like Mammoth Cave.

Name:  WGI_1012.jpg
Views: 1450
Size:  1.09 MBYeah there headed that way and u dont want them if u feed deer when they find your bait they stay till its all gone.. got pics of one stayed 6hrs b4 he/she left they are several here in wayne co not to far from cave city..And they love to tear your trail cam off the tree..

Its only a matter of time untill they make out farther and farther. I live near the Grove so not far at all...

I've been hearing a lot about the sightings over the last three weeks. They start at the Goodnight community and travel west towards Cave City. First I've heard about the police seeing and confirming it.
    "Now if we could just convince the government to open season on buzzards, hawks and illegal mexicans, Our country would be a better more fun place." skin_dog1

I live just outside of Glasgow ( north side ) and my neighbor saw a small one crossing 31-E . I've been looking for sign , but have not seen any. Hey Brutus, have you seen any?? I figure if they can make it to the park, they might do well. ( if their not already there ).

Not seen anything in my woods yet, but theres always hope. Dont know what Ill do if I see one early some morning walkin in.

bear seen near Rigdon's taxidermy between Cave City and Park City. The confirmed by police was closer to Cave City. They will love Mammoth Cave, and prosper. Guess it is inevitable.

This will give back country campin at Mammoth a new twist.

Yes, a new twist and perhaps some added challenges on how to best store food at night. Do you hang your food in a bear bag away from the immediate camp site you are using? I haven't yet but will take it under consideration now. I usually leave all food items in my kayak, sealed in dry bags. That's the way the raccoons like it. Gives 'em practice trying to open my dry bags with their tiny hands.

Traveling up I-65 about 10 days ago, two buddies in the back of the truck swear they saw a bear in a field near the Cave City exit ...

Thread Information