Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hernia Surgery recovery time?

Question Hernia Surgery recovery time?

Just curious, anyone had to recover from hernia surgery? Ive been fighting off for a long time and I may have to go ahead and bite the bullet I was wondering how long recovery took? partial recovery? able to move around,etc..Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KYBOY View Post
    Just curious, anyone had to recover from hernia surgery? Ive been fighting off for a long time and I may have to go ahead and bite the bullet I was wondering how long recovery took? partial recovery? able to move around,etc..Thanks
    I had inguinal hernia surgery when I was living in Chicago. 1 incision, but they put in 2 screens. I walked home from the hospital and went to work the next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by pathfork man View Post
    Take know prisoners!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ddwhitetails View Post
    your a moron

Quote Originally Posted by KYBOY View Post
    Type of hernia?

My ex BIL had a little something extra show up down in his sack once. He was off work for 6 weeks, but he bass fished hard for about 4 of those weeks.
    'But I would rather have it bent and dull and know I had to put it on the grindstone again and hammer it into shape and put a whetstone to it, and know that I had something to write about, than to have it bright and shining and nothing to say, or smooth and well-oiled in the closet, but unused.
    E. Hemingway

You know, if you put spaghetti sauce on on your ramen noodles, it tastes just like broken dreams and disappointment.
    My college son

I had 2 fixed last fall after deer rifle season. I was back in the studio in a couple of days but didn't do any lifting for a couple of weeks. I was told by good sources that I did not want to have to go thru the surgery to repair damage done after the initial surgery. I had pain for a few days but was back to close to 100% for Feb snow goose season.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Molon Labe
    DEFUND THE GOP!
    "Government is essentially the negation of liberty. If we fail to challenge government at every turn, there will be no liberty remaining for us to defend when the government tries to negate it."
    Andrew Napolitano

I had it done on a Friday and was moving around that day. I took it easy all weekend and back to work on Monday. No heavy lifting for a few weeks. On a side note get Miralax and use it. The constipation will make you want to die if you strain to hard.

Mayes

Can't add anything but good luck.

I had it on wednesday ( one side). Back at work monday but moving slowly. No lifting for at least two weeks. I wouldnt do it during allergy season. Coughing is a ?(&?,;

Quote Originally Posted by trust me View Post
    Type of hernia?
    My ex BIL had a little something extra show up down in his sack once. He was off work for 6 weeks, but he bass fished hard for about 4 of those weeks.
    Its an inguinal hernia, already had a scan of my nether regions so no surprises there(Thanks God.)..
    Thanks for all the responses, Im glad to hear of good recovery times..
    Last edited by KYBOY; 04-23-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Heck, you blew your window of opportunity. You might want to put it off a few more months if you can. You already blew your opportunity to watch the NCAA tournament, so now you might as well wait until football season starts.
    A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by ptbrauch View Post
    Heck, you blew your window of opportunity. You might want to put it off a few more months if you can. You already blew your opportunity to watch the NCAA tournament, so now you might as well wait until football season starts.
    Yea, thats a good point..Ill want to milk it for all its worth

Thread Information