Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Either the biggest coyote in Ky. or it's a freakin wolf

Quote Originally Posted by rather-b-huntn View Post
    Again not disagreeing because I have no clue about a wolfs likes/dislikes but weren't wolves here at one time? Maybe not the grey wolf?
    And if so, then you must be saying that urban development is why they wouldn't find our habitat inviteable rather than the actual terrain/landscape?
    Yes Ky was home to the smaller red wolf, which is almost extinct. I lived in ohio for many years and there is a lot of crop ground, I really don't think there is anything keepin a wolf from migrating here. Just like the coyote, everything I've read about the wolf says there extremely adaptable to there enviroments
    Last edited by 30-30; 07-31-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weedwalker View Post
    You don't get out much, do you? Get off the main roads and it's farmland and woods, all the way to Michigan. Why are you so closed minded to think it's impossible for a free ranging animal to walk in this direction?

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2
    You are lacking the understanding of what habitat a wolf requires. It's not backroads and woods. It's the lack of people in large expanses. They are adaptable to diverse habitats, but these diverse habitats are very very sparsely populated. I do "get out"...a lot. Comparing rural Ohio to the vast lands of the UP, Alaska, and parts of Canada is laughable. A wolf wanders aimlessly for over 600 miles into hostile territory????

I suppose the leopard in southern Indiana migrated as well LOL. I'll resist the fantasy.
    Last edited by 2tonyb; 07-31-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tonyb View Post
    I suppose the leopard in southern Indiana migrated as well LOL. I'll resist the fantasy.
    I'd say not on that. Bigfoot probably brought it with him.
    But there's nothing stopping an animal that is already here from walking in this direction.

You are lacking the understanding of what habitat a wolf requires. It's not backroads and woods. It's the lack of people in large expanses. They are adaptable to diverse habitats, but these diverse habitats are very very sparsely populated. I do "get out"...a lot. Comparing rural Ohio to the vast lands of the UP, Alaska, and parts of Canada is laughable. A wolf wanders aimlessly for over 600 miles into hostile territory????

Read your own quote, they are adaptable. And nowhere did I compare Ohio to the "vast lands". So laugh at that. What makes you a wolf expert anyway? Your from Indiana, and worried about what we have in Ky. Are you jealous that it might have come here thru Ohio instead of Indiana? You're like the Anti-Bill on here. He (Bill) could post 20 links to every one of yours to prove you wrong. I see you were even so concerned that you checked out my profile. If you take a look at your own, you'll notice that I didn't. If I need advice about wolves, there's far better places to get it than from you.

I own quite a bit of land in Metcalfe County, so I do have some interest in the area. Wolves are adaptable to diverse habitats that don't include too many people...so yes..it is accurate.

So when you say "what we have"....that does include me....I have it also.

As far as advice about wolves. Unless you are going far north or north west, I don't think you need any advice. There is no longer a free ranging wolf in Kentucky.

Wolves are adaptable to diverse habitats that don't include too many people...so yes..it is accurate.
    Not quite accurate. They said it's a wolf from the Great Lakes region. Do you know what else is in the Great Lakes Region? A LOT of PEOPLE. Detroit, Windsor, Toronto, millions of PEOPLE. Even the rural areas are populated with PEOPLE. So by your own statements, there shouldn't even be such a thing as a Great Lakes wolf.
    And yes, I did forget that you were one of those OOSers that bought a lil property here.
    Who knows, there might have been a whole pack of wolves headed here to get away from all of those Great Lakes PEOPLE, and she's the only one that made it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by blackangus View Post
    A similar animal (81lb male) was killed in MO earlier this year, DNR came back last week and announced it was a wolf from the Great Lakes region. I think likely a good chance this is 100% wolf.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/possi...ting-underway/

http://www.nrahuntersrights.org/Article.aspx?id=7935
    Black angus with the early correct call!
    Quote Originally Posted by pathfork man View Post
    Take know prisoners!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ddwhitetails View Post
    your a moron
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesteel View Post
    I'll say it. I make more money than you dream of.
    Quote Originally Posted by hollandhunter View Post
    Your a very special person. With special needs and views. I can except that.

Quote Originally Posted by buckfever View Post
    Black angus with the early correct call!
    Du...du...duuuuu
    The plot thickens....

Nice call blackangus! Or should I say Bill?!?!?!
    Last edited by rather-b-huntn; 08-01-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    At the end of the water
    A red sun is risin'
    And the stars are all goin' away
    And if you're too busy talkin'
    You're not busy listenin'
    To hear what the land has to say

Quiet your mind - ZBB

Quote Originally Posted by weedwalker View Post
    Not quite accurate. They said it's a wolf from the Great Lakes region. Do you know what else is in the Great Lakes Region? A LOT of PEOPLE. Detroit, Windsor, Toronto, millions of PEOPLE. Even the rural areas are populated with PEOPLE. So by your own statements, there shouldn't even be such a thing as a Great Lakes wolf.
    And yes, I did forget that you were one of those OOSers that bought a lil property here.
    Who knows, there might have been a whole pack of wolves headed here to get away from all of those Great Lakes PEOPLE, and she's the only one that made it alive.

LOL!!! Are you serious? Detroit, Windsor,and Toronto??? Those cities are no where close to the UP of Michigan, northern Wisconsin, or Minnesota. LOL!!! I don't think they are quite in the Great Lakes Region that includes the wolf! Ever been to the UP? Ever been out of your county???

Here's how I do the UP! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEWdFrvY60o

Yes, I've been to 46 states and all but the 2 western provinces of Canada. I've seen wolves. I've seen people looking at wolves. I've seen the wolves looking back at the people looking at the wolves. And guess what? The wolves didn't run away.
    As far as the Great Lakes region, maybe you should look at a map, or have somebody that knows something about a map show you where the Graet Lakes are.
    Your youthfull arrogance will compell you to keep arguing this matter. Even though your own post have proven you wrong. You've made it easy for the rest of us to see thru the bull and get to the facts. The facts that you don't know squat about geography OR wolves.
    I'm done here, find somebody else to argue with.

Thread Information