Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Thread: Coyotes at night.

Default Coyotes at night.

With the bill before our Kentucky legislators to allow hunting at night for coyotes, albeit with shotguns only, I am considering either fixing my old Stevens or buying a new shotgun. Never having used a shotgun on a ‘yote, I wonder what length barrel and choke would do me best. The old Stevens is a 30” Full Choke. Any suggestions?
    Clint
    Far West Kentucky

I believe i would wait till the bill passes before i do anything, as far as spending money,

+1 but that shotgun you have would work just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by 30-30 View Post
    I believe i would wait till the bill passes before i do anything, as far as spending money,

I have used a shotgun on several dogs. I have a remington 870 and use the coyote shells with T shot. I have shot them as far out as 70 yards and them drop. I always shoot in the face with a shotgun.

Im going to go as far to say that 85% of the coyotes i kill are with a shotgun! I just bought a new Browning Maxus to build for coyote hunting. Testing out the D/C choke, Pattern Master, and Indian Creek one of the three ought to give a result that i will be happy with. I was shooting a Rem 870 with the D/C choke and the D/C 3 1/2in shells. Come on and get this bill passed KY!!!

I use an 870 with full choke and bb's. Very satisfied with the results so far. I am limited to about fifty yards but where I do most of my huting , I don't need more range.

Shotgun needs a vent rib to mount some type of light gathering sights. I used tritium paint on my bead for that purpose. If the laws are as before there will be nothing allowed that might project a light such as laser sights that are available. And looking back on the experience my painted bead was probably the best alternative in that situtaion. It was like wing shooting once in a while with doubles coming in. Jimmie
    I will NEVER own a Foxpro

Thread Information