Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Thoughts from Roger Raglin

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    louisville
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B Hicks View Post
    I remember that and went to that hunting show. I see between $30-40,000 of taxidermy work in that picture though. I wonder how much of that was done for free.

    I have always wondered where his money was made. Always seemed to me he was a rich guy who was indulging in his passion for deer killing. I always thought someone with that many mounted animals must be pretty well to do.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadaim View Post
    Attachment 25546


    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11.....12 points!!!! Jimminy Christmas!!

    I always liked his early movies back in the late 80s early 90s you could actualy learn something from his videos and he was entertaining. He has become very much like the very thing he is talking about in the last few years. I have always thought if someone could put together a show that actualy would teach hunters more about hunting and less about selling something it might be worth watching. I can understand a commercial during a program break you have to pay the bills........but anymore the whole dang program is a infomercial. I did meet him and his wife when I was working a booth at a couple of hunting shows at heritage hall with the christian archers of Ky. He was a very nice guy and went out of his way to meet some fans. His wife was also nice. He did a couple of very informative seminars. He also had a collection of his shoulder mounts with him that were something to see.
    I agree. I used to be one of those outdoor tv fanatics. Everytime I would turn the tv on that is the first place I went. I got tired of that crap as well. I will say this. Couldnt sleep the other night. I was flipping through the channels when I paused a moment on the outdoor channel. Dave watson was bow hunting up in missouri I do believe. The deer had begun to over populate a little town. Two rivers, two winds, something like that. They allowed like 36 bow hunters to have tags and hunt within the city limits. It was funny they were hunting right behind the community baseball field, and right over from Mcdonalds. I really liked that episode. Now being a dedicated Hoyt fan, I dont care much for the matthews part...lol. But thats another thread. But after watching it, I thought to myself. That was one of the most realistic and down to earth shows I had seen in a long time. Cudos to Dave Watson and Matthews TV. Roger Raglin...with the exception of being a little bit more informative. He is no different that all the others...You bring them to SE KY. Make them sit in a stand, with no salary for a week. See how long they stick to deer hunting. Next thing you know they be on that dancing show my wife watches all the time...hehe.
    Last edited by strapassassin; 08-16-2012 at 07:23 AM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    benton, ky, USA.
    Posts
    4,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strapassassin View Post
    I agree. I used to be one of those outdoor tv fanatics. Everytime I would turn the tv on that is the first place I went. I got tired of that crap as well. I will say this. Couldnt sleep the other night. I was flipping through the channels when I paused a moment on the outdoor channel. Dave watson was bow hunting up in missouri I do believe. The deer had begun to over populate a little town. Two rivers, two winds, something like that. They allowed like 36 bow hunters to have tags and hunt within the city limits. It was funny they were hunting right behind the community baseball field, and right over from Mcdonalds. I really liked that episode. Now being a dedicated Hoyt fan, I dont care much for the matthews part...lol. But thats another thread. But after watching it, I thought to myself. That was one of the most realistic and down to earth shows I had seen in a long time. Cudos to Dave Watson and Matthews TV. Roger Raglin...with the exception of being a little bit more informative. He is no different that all the others...You bring them to SE KY. Make them sit in a stand, with no salary for a week. See how long they stick to deer hunting. Next thing you know they be on that dancing show my wife watches all the time...hehe.
    I think you are wrong,most of them got on tv because they were good hunters first. They get cheesy and do whatever it takes to kill big deer but to think that many of these guys arent good hunters is naieve. Stan Potts became what he is because he was killing giant deer,if you start killing giants all the time they will come after you too. I find most of the shows boring anymore unless they are hunting something besides whitetails. However I think it is foolish to believe they cant come and kill deer in SE KY just like anyone else can. That said,almost every deer hunter would take their job if they could,if not you must not work swing shift!!
    If you want to make a mountain out of a molehill
    just add dirt.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hillsboro, ky
    Posts
    2,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quackrstackr View Post
    Hypocritical to the obscene........
    Nailed it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    louisville
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wademup View Post
    I think you are wrong,most of them got on tv because they were good hunters first. They get cheesy and do whatever it takes to kill big deer but to think that many of these guys arent good hunters is naieve. Stan Potts became what he is because he was killing giant deer,if you start killing giants all the time they will come after you too. I find most of the shows boring anymore unless they are hunting something besides whitetails. However I think it is foolish to believe they cant come and kill deer in SE KY just like anyone else can. That said,almost every deer hunter would take their job if they could,if not you must not work swing shift!!
    Using this logic Twitch can expect a call from Realtree,Rage, and Bowtech any second.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wademup View Post
    I think you are wrong,most of them got on tv because they were good hunters first. They get cheesy and do whatever it takes to kill big deer but to think that many of these guys arent good hunters is naieve. Stan Potts became what he is because he was killing giant deer,if you start killing giants all the time they will come after you too. I find most of the shows boring anymore unless they are hunting something besides whitetails. However I think it is foolish to believe they cant come and kill deer in SE KY just like anyone else can. That said,almost every deer hunter would take their job if they could,if not you must not work swing shift!!
    Likewise, would it be as naive of me to think that maybe...just maybe...Michael Waddell's boyfriend was a member of Kentucky Hunting?...hehe

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    benton, ky, USA.
    Posts
    4,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strapassassin View Post
    Likewise, would it be as naive of me to think that maybe...just maybe...Michael Waddell's boyfriend was a member of Kentucky Hunting?...hehe
    I just find it funny how many people think they are better hunters than the TV guys. I don't watch any of the to amount to anything but I see this subject every year. Mostly old fashioned jealousy for the most part
    If you want to make a mountain out of a molehill
    just add dirt.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    philville, KY
    Posts
    10,280

    Default

    Wish he would have gave me a hat.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    279

    Default

    I was watchin the Outdoor channel. Dont watch a lot of tv only occasionally, in fact two weeks ago, we uplugged the ^&*$(% thing and took the box back, no mo tv, anyway i disgressed, One of those cute little blond headed huntin' girls was walking through a field of harvested corn up to a box blind with about 4-5 inches of snow on the ground. The field was full of deer. They never ran away. They looked at her and kept on eating. I was done watching hunting shows.

    I would like to see some of these folks go over the Pioneer weapons area and get a big deer.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Larue Co.
    Posts
    2,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B Hicks View Post
    One of the first hunting videos I remember having was "Whitetails East of the Mississippi", back in the early days. It, along with Ben Lee's videos before he died. If you want to watch an old entertaining video, watch "Hunting the Rut with Ben Lee".
    Heck yeah! "Hunting the Rut w/ Ben Lee" was great! Probably the first real hunting video I watched.
    "That stand there'll fall wi'ya."

    Far as Raglin, I agree with what finelydeerhunting. Never cared much for his show but I like what he stated as posted in the OP.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2009, 08:48 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 03:44 PM
  3. Roger Raglin to Speak at Camo, Chili and Wild Game Feast
    By huntministry in forum General Hunting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 08:19 PM
  4. Update on Roger Raglin!!
    By Matt Orr in forum General Hunting
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 12:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •