Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Thread: News Flash...there are bobcats in KY!

Default News Flash...there are bobcats in KY!

I do find it odd that the locals keep saying it is big and has a long tail...clearly not a bobcat. I also find it weird that one of the officers said that they have had wolves in the city before. I find that HIGHLY unlikely. lol
    One last thing, why don't these people have cell phones or cameras to take pics of this cat? The whole story seems weird.

You never can tell about these things. I don't doubt that what these local are seeing is a mountain lion, if, and only if, they are telling the truth about what they all seen. Statements like "big, long tail" and "muscular" doesn't sound like many bobcats I've seen. Although it is just their word, it makes you wonder why they would make such up if they are in fact lying. I'm like most people on this subject, I wanna see some pictures, and until the pictures come out, this is just gonna be one of those highly debatable topics. If mountain lions are indeed in Kentucky, the pictures will eventually come out with all the vast amount of technology such as top of the line trail cameras, video cameras, cell phones, etc.

I mean how in San Hill do people not know the difference between a bobcat and a Mountain Lion. Has the general population "dumbed" down that much? I guess. For God's sake, it's KY, and our largest state school's mascot is a dang wildcat....I am not even going to finish this, just crazy.

"I swear it was THIS big." Is the cry of the crowd that fails to understand reason. I can't begin to tell how many times I have heard massive exaggerations from people who saw animals. They are always larger, more vicious, faster, quicker or more rare. Recently a woman called in to a raptor rehab all excited about an eagle she had "rescued" with a broken wing. In the background was heard the quacking of an injured duck. Whenever people find out I have birds of prey, it seems like a common thread to inform me of the huge three foot hawk they saw with the ten foot wingspan. We live in a world where all the fish are huge but got away. I believe almost nothing I am told, and only half of what I actually have seen. Anymore, if somebody feels so compelled to tell me of the enormous sight they have seen, I would prefer it if they had shown as much desire to bring me a photograph to prove it. Preferably one in focus.
    I dream of a day when poultry can cross the road without their motives being questioned.

Thread Information