Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Thread: Gator Blades for Cubcadet riding lawn mower.

Default Gator Blades for Cubcadet riding lawn mower.

Do any of you have the Gator mulching blades by Oregon on your mowers? If so how do you like them and how do they compare to OEM?

I currently don't have mulching blades, and the replacements I have for my originals that came on the mower are flatter and don't seem to cut as good. I guess they don't have the lift. Just thought I may try Gator blades instead of the OEM.

Have a Cub Cadet LT 1050 for the record. 26 hp Kohler.

Thanks
    ---------- >>>------------->

I have them and like them. I don't have a good comparison though the mower I inherited when I bought my home a few years back had blades that had not been sharpened in 15 years and were bent all to heck. So compared to them they are awesome, I sharpen the gator blades every year and am happy with the results.
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.

I have them and I don't use them until late summer. They are GREAT for leaves when they fall but in spring when the grass is lush and heavy they don't do that good a job. In the spring I use high left blades, they force the grass up and cut just a like a barber does with his comb.

Right now everything is so dry here in the Paducah area that it's like late summer as far as the grass goes and the gator blades work fine.
    A Government that does not trust its law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms, is itself unworthy of trust..... - James Madison

We used them only in the fall when leaves were on the ground, back when i did landscaping for a local company. They worked really good for leaves, but i'd say they're more expensive than regular blades which is why we only used them in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    I have them and I don't use them until late summer. They are GREAT for leaves when they fall but in spring when the grass is lush and heavy they don't do that good a job. In the spring I use high left blades, they force the grass up and cut just a like a barber does with his comb.

Right now everything is so dry here in the Paducah area that it's like late summer as far as the grass goes and the gator blades work fine.
    +1. i use high lift in the spring, then switch to gator blades when the grass doesn't grow as fast. i've been running the gators for a month now because of the lack of rain. when the grass is heavy and/or wet, the gators throw out some clumps of grass. the highlifts throw it out more evenly.

I mow commercially and have been using Gators for a few years. They are great when it comes to leaving smaller clippings. However, they also create less vacuum and discharge. This will cause you to clean out your deck more. Also, with less vacuum, it might not pullthe grass back up that your front wheels push down when you drive over it and leave thin unmowed strips. I changed to Gator Magnums last month hoping to see some improvement. The blades are Fusion treated and stay sharp forever. I mow 30+ yards a week and have used them for 5+ weeks now...still sharp. Normally I sharpen every week.

Now for the good stuff. Oregon has a new Gator blade out that is a true high lift blade to eliminate all issues. Many lawn services can't stop raving about them. It's called the G6 and is Fusion treated also. I just a reply from Oregon 2 days about those for my M60 Tanks. They are not available. However, I plan on buying a couple sets of those made for a Bobcat 60" and drilling out the 5/8" center hole to 3/4".

Thanks guys may just go with the OEM blades
    ---------- >>>------------->

Thread Information