Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kayak Fishing

Default Kayak Fishing

I was just wondering how many people out there have kayaks that they use for fishing. I got one last year but haven't been able to do much fishing with it yet.

I do not personally but my Dad has one and loves it. He even takes it down to Florida to fish saltwater. I plan on trying it myself when I get enough time..

XI here. Riverbasser on fishin.com. And myself. I have a perception sit in. not the best for fishing despite being a "fishing" kayak. Riverbasser mopped the floor with me one morning fishing for smallmouth with me on a local creek.
    Last edited by smashdn; 04-30-2012 at 09:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPete View Post
    Ahh yes, the great white hunter with a "holier than thou" attitude.... Downing a man for hunting over bait while his stand hangs in a white oak with it raining acorns.......
    Wait, what?

in Green and Barren River most of the time

My son and I have a couple of cheap kayaks that we fish out of. And, we have a canoe that we use sometimes. They are really handy for accessing some stretches of water that you can't get to easily by boat.

I kinda like fishing out of the canoe better, if I can get my son to do the paddling while I fish.

I've been thinking about a kayak trip on the Cumberland River for trout. There are some good stretches of water to fish on that river from a kayak. Several good 5 mile stretches with easy access.

I've got a Future Beach Trophy that I fish out of a lot. It's a very stable boat and tracks good in the water. I've (very carefully) stood up in this kayak without it tipping over. It has good storage space and is easy to fish out of. I got it at dick's a few years ago for $350 I think.

Id like to share a link about a kayak fishing tournament being held on Lake Cumberland that some of you may be interested in participating in on May 12, 2012.
    http://www.kykayakfishing.com/
    Proceeds go to HEROS ON THE WATER.
    There will be fishing kayaks available to rent, but you must contact them in advance. Check out all the details in the link. There will be venders with demo boats to test out, BBQ, music, games. Lodging, camping nearby.

Playing on the water is my passion. Although I don't have mad fishing skills or much knowledge of fishing to boast about, I do fish a little.
    Im not planning on entering the tournament, but I am planning to attend the event to test out the demo boats, absorb the atmosphere and maybe meet some new paddling friends.

I fish from a perception search 13. I haven't got it out on the creeks yet but in a pond you can really sneak up on em. I can float mine in just a couple of inches of water.

Jackson Coosa sit on top. Took some gettin used to but I'm startin to really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by countryfied252 View Post
    I was just wondering how many people out there have kayaks that they use for fishing. I got one last year but haven't been able to do much fishing with it yet.
    Well, get out there and get to fishing!

I've got a Hobie ProAngler, and I liked it so much that I didn't even take our bass boat out last year. I caught a ton of fish out of mine last year.

Here is a pic of mine:
    Name:  IMG_3252.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  1.01 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by GSP View Post
    After the TonyinKY thread, you better have kicked Chuck Norris in the nads to try to even score on this thread....

Those Jackson's are sweet set ups for fishing. I think that was what riverbasser had. He was standing up in that thing like it was a bass boat. Even when he was sitting down in the chair on it he was well up off the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPete View Post
    Ahh yes, the great white hunter with a "holier than thou" attitude.... Downing a man for hunting over bait while his stand hangs in a white oak with it raining acorns.......
    Wait, what?

Thread Information