Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Thread: Hunting your own property recs in Ky ?

Default Hunting your own property recs in Ky ?

In past deer seasons I would hunt in multiple places throughout KY so of course I would just buy a resident license. This year I didn't get out at all and have planned all along to just bow hunt real hard these next two weeks for does on my property alone. I know landowners are exempt from purchasing a license but must meet the other requirements (tagging and telecheck)...so what exactly do I need to do after letting the air out of a doe? How do you guys tag them in this situation? Is there a license exempt option when you call telecheck?

Thanks
    “When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else.”

--Mark Twain

When you call telecheck just follow the options for landowner. The procedure is exactly the same as with a statewide license just wait for the option that you need. I still write all of the information down that you normally would with a regular license, I use the back of my fishing license or trout stamp for this. I in the past have done the same as you and hunted multiple farms, but this year I stayed and hunted only my farm. This process works the same with turkey's as well.
    "Know when to hold'em know when to fold'em"

you can get a harvest log at any license dealer or print one off the kyf&g website. when you call it in, just follow the prompts.
    Last edited by 1wildcatfan; 12-22-2011 at 07:30 AM.

What they said. This is actually the first year in many that I've hunted OFF my property. I've used the landowner exemption for quite a while.

Just call it in to telecheck, there's an option for landowner.

Make sure you record the confirmation number.

Thanks a lot guys. I knew it was simple but then again, that information was not in the guide. I didn't want to find myself entering a deer on telecheck without a license and looking like a big poacher.

I'm surprisingly excited right now for the hunting ahead. I had to miss November hunting for the first time and am really looking to whack some does with my bow over the next week and a half. Love going into the woods knowing any deer that walks by is eligible for the death stamp.
    “When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else.”

--Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by EKY.MTN.HUNTER View Post
    Thanks a lot guys. I knew it was simple but then again, that information was not in the guide. I didn't want to find myself entering a deer on telecheck without a license and looking like a big poacher.

I'm surprisingly excited right now for the hunting ahead. I had to miss November hunting for the first time and am really looking to whack some does with my bow over the next week and a half. Love going into the woods knowing any deer that walks by is eligible for the death stamp.
    in the guide on pg 12 & 13.

Completing the hunter harvest log:
    • If you have a paper license or permit,
    simply fill in the blanks on the back as
    indicated on page 13.
    ALL hunters not required to have a
    license/permit, or who have only a license
    authorization number, must create
    their own hunter harvest log and
    follow the same requirements as noted
    on page 13 after taking these species.

I often times just hunt my own land but still pay for the license and stuff just to give the department a little extra money for what they do, I figure its the least I can do after all their hard work.

Thread Information