Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP. Dodge Durango Won't Start.

Question HELP. Dodge Durango Won't Start.

My wifes 05 Dodge Durango will not start. Battery is good. But it acts like there isn't even a battery in the vehicle at all.. I'm getting current in the fuse box. No interior lights, no horn, no radio, no nothing. Only a small red light on the dash. I need some help.
    "Now if we could just convince the government to open season on buzzards, hawks and illegal mexicans, Our country would be a better more fun place." skin_dog1

I know you might think the battery is good, but it sounds like it's down.

Another thing that could cause it to act like is whats called a "Main Relay"

Checked the fuses, all good. Battery is giving off 13.1 volts. Getting 12.9 volts at the main fuse box under the hood. No lights will work. It literally acts like it has no battery in it. The only thing that works is a little red light on the dash that stays on solid.
    "Now if we could just convince the government to open season on buzzards, hawks and illegal mexicans, Our country would be a better more fun place." skin_dog1

Try this ,disconnect the pos battery post cable for a few mintutes ,then reconnect.If it fails to start ,do this

When the armed Vehicle Theft Security System (VTSS) senses that the battery has been disconnected and reconnected, it enters its power-up mode. In the power-up mode the alarm system remains armed following a battery failure or disconnect. If the VTSS was armed prior to a battery disconnect or failure, the system will have to be actively or passively disarmed after the battery is reconnected.

The alarm can be disarmed by locking the vehicle and turning the drivers door lock to the lock (arm) position. Wait a few minutes then unlock (disarm) the drivers door and the vehicle should start.

If the VTSS has been disabled in the high-line Central Timer Module (CTM), the VTSS feature must be re-enabled using the Chrysler DRB scan tool. The clicking you heard was probably from the CTM located behind the glove box.
    CORN,whitetail deer candy

We one.. It was a 99 it had the red light on left side of dash it stayed on. With key out. It was something with alarm. It should have a main fuse relay under hood. Thats what it sounds like. I do know if jump it off and the battery is complely dead. It will die if you take cables off. Dont know if helped or not.

Yeah, what he said!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornpile View Post
    Try this ,disconnect the pos battery post cable for a few mintutes ,then reconnect.If it fails to start ,do this

When the armed Vehicle Theft Security System (VTSS) senses that the battery has been disconnected and reconnected, it enters its power-up mode. In the power-up mode the alarm system remains armed following a battery failure or disconnect. If the VTSS was armed prior to a battery disconnect or failure, the system will have to be actively or passively disarmed after the battery is reconnected.

The alarm can be disarmed by locking the vehicle and turning the drivers door lock to the lock (arm) position. Wait a few minutes then unlock (disarm) the drivers door and the vehicle should start.

If the VTSS has been disabled in the high-line Central Timer Module (CTM), the VTSS feature must be re-enabled using the Chrysler DRB scan tool. The clicking you heard was probably from the CTM located behind the glove box.

MIKE

I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH
    STRENGTHENETH ME. PHILIPPIANS 4:13

ONE HUNTER MAKES THE NOISE OF ONE,TWO HUNTERS MAKE THE NOISE OF FOUR. HOLD STILL KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make sure the battery terminals are tight and corrosion free. and also that it is in park.
    "The Heat"

"If your going to be stupid-ya best be tough"

Similar problem once with mg dodge PU. Was the battery.
    "It makes no difference whether I got anything; it has to do with how the day was spent"

Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by P. Beyer View Post
    Similar problem once with mg dodge PU. Was the battery.
    Beats me. I unhooked the battery and it didn't help. Finally just took the battery out of our Camry just to truly eliminate the battery. It fired right up!! Beats the h**l out of me. Thanks for the help and quick responses guys. Gotta love this place!!!

Thread Information