Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobcat Sets

Default Bobcat Sets

Been getting some trail cam pics of 2 cats, does anyone have any sure fire sets? and what bait and or lure is best of cats. I am a big fan of the hattawvally and violator#7 will this work or is somthing else better

I like a trash pile set, with a shot of urine on the top. Walk thru sets work real well. Flagging is promoted for cats, but I've never caught anything by using flagging.

Trash pile? I think this means down tree laps in a pile real thick stuff. What is a walk thru set?

There are many ways to make a walk through set. Basically it is two different
    Attractions one on either side of the trap with a clear path over the trap .
    You can use dirt holes,t-bones ,droppings ,scratch up piles its only limited
    By your imagination .just make sure you have lure or urine on both sides
    Of the trap.I hope this helps you

I like a trash pile set too.I just rake up some leaves sticks or whatever is there.Make a pile about about 12 inchs long 12 inchs high 8 inchs wide.Put a couple different lures on each end on the trap side.Usually lay a few feathers in the pile.Hang a turkey feather over the set for a flag.Not many cats in my area but the ones I've caught have been on this set.Many trappers like a big flashy dirt hole for cats.

Had good luck with Cavens Feline Fix lure. Another good set is a hollow log . Hang 3 turkey feathers 5 feet up near the hole. Put beaver meat bait or lure in the log with a lead- in of some feathers, a squirt of cat urine on the log ,set foothold in front or a 160 or 220 conibear in the opening. I've caught 4 bobcats in a 160 in 2 years with this set out of 1 log.

if youre going to trap cats i would strongly recommend purchasing clint locklears bobcat video. he only shows one set with a couple of variations of the same set, but trust me if a cat works your set he will be there waiting on you. my best attractors have been turkey feathers, dobbins purrrfect, and bobcat urine.
    Last edited by cattrapper; 10-28-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Big flashy dirtholes, trash pile, walk thru, cubby sets, bucket sets, etc will all catch cats. The biggest thing with cats is LOCATION!! Use plenty of eye appeal, good lure (I like Dobbins Puurfect, OGorman Powder River Cat Call) and cat urine, you will be in business. They are not at all difficult to trap, alot of guys catch them in the west with exposed pans. Snares are a good option too!!!! Best of Luck!!

I plan on using bucket sets with 220's guarding the entrance, lol. Put a dove or some bait of some kind with some lure on the inside of the lip of the bucket and you're ready. Use a bucket that's highly visible (yellow, white, whatever, no camo) as cats are curious and will investigate. "SNAP" game over. Be cautious using this set due to the fact that it kills without discretion. Meaning it will kill anything that goes in it, dogs, or whatever. Good Luck

We catch most of our cats in dirtholes, with a few in trashpile, with hiawaitha valley a variety of lures and cat urine We use gamerooster tail and wing feathers for eye appeal
    Main thing is catch his eyes and very easy to catch
    If your gonna eat,somethings gotta die
    2014 season
    beaver
    bobcat 1
    coon 3
    coyote 1
    grey fox
    grinner 3
    mink
    red fox

Thread Information