Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Thread: cva optima vs the tc impact

Default cva optima vs the tc impact

getting ready to purchase one of these. in your opinion which is the most accurate?
    "Dunk or Bleed"
    Mathews DXT
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350
    Rage 2 Blade

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow"

TC vs. anything cva.
    Followed by Buzzards

Anybody that spent the money on the TC is going to back it 1000% over anything else. Truth is, in the hands of the average sportsman, I bet you won't be able to tell a bit of difference at the range. Shoulder them, and see which one feels better to you.
    "Let's get down to brass tacks. How much for the ape?"

Yeah I spent the money on my 3 tc guns, like $90 to $95 each over the yrs! One tack driving firehawk and a couple side locks including a renegade w some real killer wood. TC would actually be my second choice after the old Knights, got several and all are great shooters. Never saw a cva that I felt like was in the same league quality wise, or American made.
    Followed by Buzzards

Speaking of Knight, they're back in business. They are selling rifles with the Leupold Ultimate Slam for an extra $220, that's a pretty good deal for scope and rings.

http://www.knightrifles.com/home.php

CVAs will shoot but they are harder to load and need a patch ran down the barrel between shots more often than TCs do. I couldnt agree more about the Knights they are shooters i had one years ago and sold it to get a CVA because it used 209 primers biggest mistake i ever made, you had to have a longer ram rod or extension i got rid of it and got a TC Omega its alot better to deal with and in the last few years there price has came down to were that not that much more than the CVA, dont get me wrong ive never saw a CVA that wouldnt shoot it was the little things i didnt like.

I'm muzzleloader poor.... got CVA , TC , Lyman & even a custom flint...... so cant say I would favor any one over the other.

However I think CVA gets a bad wrap somewhat. Most of their guns thats been made since 2000.... specifically their break actions....are good rifles for the money in comparrison to T/C models. As another poster stated...the average black powder hunter...wont tell the difference for a gun used 2 days in October and a week in December.

Most issues people complain about are'nt related to the gun being a CVA. More times than not its powder, ingnition & bullet related. The infamous crud ring...having to clean..swab between shots is usually the result of 777 & too hot of a 209 primer....can happen with any of them. Shooting sabots...or even the plastic on Powerbelts can leave plastic residue in the rifiling. Not using proper cleaning solvents to remove the plastic fouling...creates another issue. Shooting a "magnum" 3-pellet combination or simply too light of a bullet...more accuracy issues...not grouping..keyholing..ect.

None of these issues are related to it being a CVA.... just being more economically priced...more of them sold...you here more blame put on the brand.

This is not to say T/C is'nt a good gun by any means...they are. Its just a personal preference and what you want...but absolutely none ....regardless of manufacture are free from issues. All can have their quirks...like their pet loads..ect. Theres likes & dis-likes with all of them.

TC all the way.
    Killin N Grillin

Thread Information