Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corn Prices!!!

Default Corn Prices!!!

Called several feed stores around the Louisville area and got some quotes for shelled corn prices. All are around $10 per 50lb. Does anyone were i can get corn cheaper? Does anyone use any cheaper alternatives to corn for feeding/attracting deer? I dont think i can afford to feed like i like to with Corn being that high.

THanks

TG

Called today here in London and was $9.60

It is a hard pill to swallow but according to the feed stores it will not be going down anytime soon. I went to an electronic feeder this year because of corn and fuel prices. Just can't afford to motor to the woods every weekend (which I love to do) and dump corn. Good luck but between $9.25 and $11.00 is what you'll have to pay.
    “When a hunter is in a tree stand with high morale values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God” Fred Bear

Corn prices right now are hovering around $8 per bushel and I have heard some talk of $10 per bushel by the fall. I hate to see hunters pay this, but being a farmer I love seeing these high prices. Its getting to be a high risk with corn being around $300 per acre to put out and no guarentee that you getting anything in return, unless you have insurance.

Talk to some feed stores today. Corn is going for 15 dollars per 100 lb in bardstown. He told me it's going up because there taking it and making e-85 gas lot more then before.

Which place in Bardstown had that price. $7.50 per 50 is not as bad as $10 but still not great

Made a mistake it's 16 dollars for 100 lb at bardstown mills.it's 14.35 at ice produced

I plan on buying some bulk ear corn now that is left over from last year and put the deer in our area on a diet..... No way I am going to keep shelled corn out at several places this year at those prices...I'll just put out some acorn crunchers in front of the cameras

check around for bulk prices. a friend is paying $200/ton for bulk shelled corn.

Quote Originally Posted by 1wildcatfan View Post
    check around for bulk prices. a friend is paying $200/ton for bulk shelled corn.
    He better buy all he can at that price. He's paying about $5.50 a bushel. Cash price a farmer can sell it for is $7.00.
    "I will sit there gun up and heart thundering and say to myself.....I'm glad I lived to see it one more time" Tom Kelly

Thread Information