Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall Turkey Hunting Tips

Default Fall Turkey Hunting Tips

The property I am hunting this year for deer is set up really well for turkey and I have seen 2 turkeys this week and heard more. Another hunter also had 3 long beards on his trail cam recently. This is making me want to try some Fall turkey when shotgun opens up again Dec 4th, but I have never done it before. I have decoys and calls for Spring turkey, but know nothing of Fall turkey methods. Any suggestions, tips, or recommended websites for Fall turkey hunting how to info?

Thanks!

I'd try real hard to find out were they roost & bust em up the night before(right at dark so you get em scattered real good).After spending all night alone they not real hard to call back in the next morning...this is just one tactic,there's several more way to hunt them.....

Ambush is a good strategy. Figure out where they want to go and head them off at the pass!

Both the tips stated are very good tactics, just remember in the fall it is all about the food. If you find where they are feeding then you will be on them. Get out there and give it a try, I dont like it as much as spring hunting but it is a blast.

Turkeys can be really dependable in the late fall on showing up at the same time. If they have been, wait them out without dekes or calling to them. Otherwise, locate white oaks( or corn fields) that they & deer are hitting that is near creeks & hollowsw for roosting & there you are!

I killed my buck for the season so i have turned back to the turkeys. Friday i went to a site were i have seen turkeys and put me up a blind this will be the first time i will have ever hunted from one. I am going to give it a week then start using it . Its a ambush site between were they roost and feed. Actually i cant wait to get in the blind im taking my small propane heater with me and ill be able to wait em out allllllll day. By the way ill be sporting my bow.

Here is a question:

will busting up turkeys make them change their habits? We spooked several flocks of turkeys during the gun season, and I was hoping to hunt them when gun season went out, but they haven't seemed to be around lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Rack View Post
    No child left behind has been a ddismal failure.

Turkeys in the fall are going to be where the food is. Acorns are big right now and there are lots of them. So they could be anywhere. Busting up a flock won't change its habits. Unless, of course, you do it day after day then maybe.

They move as a group. That's part of the fun of fall turkey hunting. Trying to find the flock.

A guy I know that killed on a few weeks back cut open the gullett, and there were a couple hundred tiny acorns in there, along with 50 or so green stink bugs. Some of the stink bugs were still moving. It was really neat to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Rack View Post
    No child left behind has been a ddismal failure.

Last one i got i stalked up and said howdy. Came home for dinner they did. LOL.

Thread Information