Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - Become A Sponsor - Season Dates - Window Decals

Thread: Marion County WMA

Default Marion County WMA

I have avoided public land hunting for several years, and this weekend I was reminded as to why. I was set up at around 0600 and waited for sunrise. I then spent the next 4 hours watching guys in orange vests tromping through. One walked back and forth in a 150 yard area with me in plain sight. At least I would have been in plain sight, had he bothered to look up the hillside. I have never seen such ignorant and inconsiderate behavior. I think next time I would rather stay home.
    "Sports do not build character, they reveal it."

"If God intended us to be vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat?"

happens to me every time I hunt public land. Som many rude and unconsiderate hunters I would rather stay home as well. Its a shame. Not all are rude but I have met some real let's just say "winners" or rather losers.
    I've lost a lot of things in my life, but the most important thing I ever found was GOD!"For with GOD nothing is impossible" Luke 1:37

Unfortunately I was afraid this would happen at the Marion County WMA. I am originally from that area and ran into the same problems every year during gun season on our family farm. I gave up gun hunting due to having to spend the entire opening weekend running people off of the farm. I tried to go again this year and low and behold the person that was given permission to hunt the front side of the farm (which is a great distance from where I was hunting) was sitting in his truck not 300yds from me. This guy was told the general area I was going to be in and to specifically not to hunt there. Around 10:00am he decides to drive around on the farm in his truck. This type of hunting is very popular in Gravel Switch. Road hunters are rampant there. Needless to say once again I will stick with bow hunting. Also, I have hunted several public land areas (LBL, Kleber, Green River, & Taylorsville) and have not had any problems with other hunters. However I have only hunted these while bow hunting.

Thread Information