PDA

View Full Version : Ginseng prices

kyblackmallard
10-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Anybody hearing any news on root prices.

The scout'n man
10-04-2008, 04:25 PM
I've heard upwards of 800 a pound! Need to go hunt'n for shure!

CentralKyHunter
10-04-2008, 06:42 PM
where they payen those prices???

pedigo
10-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Last we heard (first of the week) was $350-400 and $20 for yellow root. If it is $800 please provide the info.

The scout'n man
10-04-2008, 08:06 PM
couldn't tell ya that is just what everyone around here has told me. I have dug a little before but never sold any. My Grandma and cousin diggs it every year. They got 600-750 last year I can't remember which. But it is high around here. This is the Owensborow litchfield area. I don't even know who buys it around here!

kyblackmallard
10-04-2008, 08:48 PM
I just got off the phone with a fella from litchfield and he said he had been paying 415.00 but was going to wait and see what the market does this week.

R Littleton
10-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Well I went to Paintsville Sat. and the price had droped to $288.00 a pound from $450.00 last weekend. Yellow root was still $25.00 a pound. If the price on "sang" dont go back up I will still have mine next year, it's not eating anything and i'm not going to give it away.

weedwalker
10-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Well I went to Paintsville Sat. and the price had droped to $288.00 a pound from $450.00 last weekend. Yellow root was still $25.00 a pound. If the price on "sang" dont go back up I will still have mine next year, it's not eating anything and i'm not going to give it away.

It's just Supply and Demand. Now that everybody's digging it the price is falling. But later this winter and next spring it'll jump back up when you can't dig any more.

kyblackmallard
10-06-2008, 09:37 PM
I ain't giving mine away either.I dug eight roots tonight but it is almost all dried up and gone.

Grant
10-07-2008, 01:14 PM
My dad has been paying 400$+ depending on the quality, and amount of roots. Last year the demand was high...supply was low, you do the math. Dad paid 700$ for some last year. Doesn't know what its doing now, but if you don't need the money now, I would hold out for a bit and see how it turns out. I see the market going up again, unlikely 800$, but more higher than were seeing now.

Shop around, espically if you have high quality stuff.

Lady_Digger
10-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Just got into this root diggin.. Prices up here in Beatyville, man by the name of Hangen buys roots.. pays 60 cents per pound for Rattlesnake weed root.
2 bucks per pound on yellow root and twohundred 80 bucks per pound of ginseng

Anybody know what the prices maybe are anywheres else??
email me at dayna_addison@yahoo.com

WildmanWilson
10-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Just got into this root diggin.. Prices up here in Beatyville, man by the name of Hangen buys roots.. pays 60 cents per pound for Rattlesnake weed root.
2 bucks per pound on yellow root and twohundred 80 bucks per pound of ginseng

Anybody know what the prices maybe are anywheres else??
email me at dayna_addison@yahoo.com

If you sell at those prices you are getting ripped off big, big, big time.

pedigo
10-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Most definitely ripping you off and I would bet he ain't licensed either. Go to this website and navigate around until you find Kentucky ginseng dealers. It will show their name, number, and address. wildgrown.com

southerndude
10-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Has anyone heard any good news on prices ? I sure hope they pick back up from were they are.$250 a pound is pretty bad this time of the year when it was $400 a pound a couple weeks back.Here is eastern Ky dealers are not even ansering there phones :(

kyblackmallard
10-13-2008, 11:32 PM
I had a friend sell apound for 350 last week.I still think it will go up a little.I am not selling mine for that.

kyblackmallard
10-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Anybody heard any news on current prices if so let it fly and edumicate us all.

DUOGLIDE
10-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Most definitely ripping you off and I would bet he ain't licensed either. Go to this website and navigate around until you find Kentucky ginseng dealers. It will show their name, number, and address. wildgrown.com

i'll take that bet. Mr Hagan and his wife have been buying root for several years. i dont see how he is ripping anyone off. he tells what he pays and you can take it or leave it. prices are no where as good as they ended on last year

WildmanWilson
10-21-2008, 02:40 PM
i'll take that bet. Mr Hagan and his wife have been buying root for several years. i dont see how he is ripping anyone off. he tells what he pays and you can take it or leave it. prices are no where as good as they ended on last year

Sounds like you are happy then. I on the other hand would like to get as much as I could and I know for a fact those prices are very low. I guess as long as both sides are happy then no harm is done. The lady just ask about price so I was straight with her. Why should she lose out on money when she shouldnt have to.....

pedigo
10-25-2008, 03:07 PM

Then he is ripping people off. I could understand if he is under everyone a little but by that much in my humble opinion is a "rip off". She was asking if that was a good price and I gave her my opinion. As you stated, I would not accept that offer.