PDA

View Full Version : NR Turkey Tag Price Decrease

Multidigits
12-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Currently, NR turkey hunters would need 2 tags to kill the 4 turkeys in the Fall--those two tags are being combined into one 4 turkey tag for NR's and the price will be $60 That's $40 less than what you would pay now. Starts in 2007.

turk2di
12-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Currently, NR turkey hunters would need 2 tags to kill the 4 turkeys in the Fall--those two tags are being combined into one 4 turkey tag for NR's and the price will be $60 That's $40 less than what you would pay now. Starts in 2007.
I doubt that this will cause a rush across the border, but good to know info for our northern brethern;)

Willie
12-21-2005, 05:28 PM

That is a deal..

Valley Station
12-22-2005, 09:14 AM
DANG IT! Has Frankfort got a clue??
"Somebody wake the bus driver up before we crash!"

Theyr'e dropping cost for a Indiana resident to hunt turkey in Kentucky and Indiana has just raised the cost of NR turkey license to Kentucky hunters.

Cost for a Indiana hunter in Kentucky.
(2) spring toms for $180.00, (4) fall birds for another $60 -
total $240.00 for (6) birds

Cost for Kentucky hunter in Indiana
(1) ol' spring tom for $209.00, (1) ol' fall bird for another $120.00 -
total of $329.00 for (2) ol' birds

If wer'e changing are license fees, can't they get it right.
Something a little closer to "reciprocal" cost!

maxcam
12-23-2005, 01:16 AM
DANG IT! Has Frankfort got a clue??
"Somebody wake the bus driver up before we crash!"

Theyr'e dropping cost for a Indiana resident to hunt turkey in Kentucky and Indiana has just raised the cost of NR turkey license to Kentucky hunters.

Cost for a Indiana hunter in Kentucky.
(2) spring toms for $180.00, (4) fall birds for another $60 -
total $240.00 for (6) birds

Cost for Kentucky hunter in Indiana
(1) ol' spring tom for $209.00, (1) ol' fall bird for another $120.00 -
total of $329.00 for (2) ol' birds

If wer'e changing are license fees, can't they get it right.
Something a little closer to "reciprocal" cost!

Didnt you hear .......In Kentucky Turkey are a dime a dozen.......

Them boys are gonna do their best to kill the goose er turkey that layed the golden egg!:(

joekat46
12-23-2005, 04:05 AM
I think they are guessing that 99% of the non-residents won't kill more than 2 (if that) since most will hunt only one segment of the fall gun season. Won't they now actually be paying more to hunt this one segment? Yes - border WMAs like Peabody may pay the price for this from a few northern carpetbaggers but I'm betting it will be a $$ plus for KY.

The non-resident "threat" is the same all over. Since I moved to Florida I spend most of my time on Florida hunting/fishing web sites. These boys bellyache as much about non-residents as is done on this forum. There is even a push to get the non-res turkey tag in Florida raised to $500.00. Still want to try for that Grand Slam Osceola bird? Thank the NWTF for that. There really aren't enough public areas down here to accommodate the resident hunters trying for an Osceola let alone a big push of non-residents hunting the early March south Florida season. Now if you are willing to pay about $400 a day an "outfitter" will be happy to lead you to a private ranch bird and you too can be on your way to that exclusive Grand Slam list.

Willie
12-23-2005, 07:29 AM
Ooops!!

I stand corrected.

Someone from KY does have to also buy a general hunting license in Indiana because that is what KY requires for Non-residents. So that much is reciprocal.

Hunters from states that do NOT require NR to purchase a general hunting license do NOT have to purchase one in Indiana.

See page 3 -

http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/huntguide1/HATG_0506/HATG0506_1-20.pdf

In KY we can kill more birds, but that is because of the number of birds that you have. I've never killed more than 2 birds in one year and I doubt very seriously if very many others do either. It is one thing to have the OPPORTUNITY to kill that many birds and quite another to actually do it.

Valley Station
12-23-2005, 07:57 AM
The rules are complicated and constantly changing.

Willie
12-23-2005, 09:01 AM
The rules are complicated and constantly changing.

Yes, they are..

I foresee a LOT of changes in Indiana the next year or two..

The "buck tag" set up for one.

If (and there is a good chance that we will) stay with the One Buck Rule then the peasants will rise up in arms because we have to buy a buck tag for each season if we are going to hunt a buck and have not been successful in the previous season.

That could work out to $72 for "buck tags" ($24 for archery, $24 for firerarm and $24 for muzzleloader)..of which we can only fill ONE. Bummer..