PDA

View Full Version : Otter Creek Trout fishing..........

jemidawes
02-13-2003, 06:37 PM
Has anyone tried there hand at the trout in this creek. They
Stock it with 1,700 Rainbows, and 500 browns every year!
I'd love to hear of any experiences at this creek.
Has anyone been lately? What has been the most succesful bait?
I appreciate any response.
Thanks, Mike

Multidigits
02-13-2003, 07:06 PM
You need a Ft. Knox permit to fish the release sight. Part of the creek is a delayed harvesr area. The release is normally in early May.

bower
02-14-2003, 11:47 AM
i have been there several times. if you decide to go you better get there really early. it is shoulder to shoulder. MP's are there also,m watch everyone and make sure they only get their limit. the bait i knew was good was that garlic cheese spread. it's good fishing but it is crazy.

>--> if it's brown it's down<--<

.300Savage
02-14-2003, 01:51 PM
Mike,
Let me know if you decide to go there when they release them and I'll go on out there with ya. I haven't got to tangle with a trout since I left California.

Rocco

Multidigits
02-16-2003, 07:18 AM
You can fish the Delayed Harvest area by getting there from Hwy. 1638. Very little crowding in that area and the trout are a lot bigger there.
You'll want to fish the area around Twin Bridges.

jemidawes
02-16-2003, 04:15 PM
Multi, is that in the park, or on the base portion? I'd just as soon
not go on the base if possible. Isn't there a good spot at the park?
What's the easiest way to get down to a good spot on the creek at the park? I am really looking forward to doing this in the spring.
I'd appreciate any pointer's.
Thanks, Mike

Multidigits
02-17-2003, 03:43 AM
The fish released on the post portion are larger fish than what the State releases in the park. If you want to fish the creek and not get on the post, you have to park at the creek, at the bridge or at the park pull off just past the bridge.

bower
02-18-2003, 12:47 PM
jemi, it is on the post side, but if you reallt don't want to get caught up in the people traffic. go to the post side, and i believe there is a dirt road you can walk down to your right when you get to the bottom of the hill(hoping that it's still there). there is some good spot down there. or if you want to go to the part area, just go like your going to the lake in the park, which should be the road to your left when yo enter the park. and the river will be to your left. you should be able to walk up and down the river as long as it's not to high. don't forget you trout stamp also. good luck

>--> if it's brown it's down<--<