PDA

View Full Version : Bernheim Quota Hunt

sheperd
02-27-2005, 07:04 PM
It was just released today that Bernheim Forest will be having their first quota hunt in many years. The first 300 callers will be awarded a spot in this great hunt. Call fast the spots will go quick. Have your credit card and Hunter safety card handy!!!

The number is 1-800-deer-tag

coondog
02-27-2005, 07:45 PM
I am involved with Bernheim and they need to harvest does out there. Out of 17,000 ac. they have been taking about 200 deer, 60% bucks. The groundcover is eaten down and there is a browse line. The bucks are smaller now and fewer because the years of overpopulation has hurt the ecology of the forest and browse amounts. If some does are taken it could come back some. Quit only thinking of bucks T-bag! Lol.

joekat46
02-28-2005, 06:23 AM
I used to zip by Bernheim all the time on the way to Louisville. I remember a statement that they would NEVER have a public quota hunt again because of all the bad press and anti-hunting feelings the last one had caused. I never heard they had been having "employee only" hunts.

InfantryGrunt
02-28-2005, 06:37 AM

I wonder how many other people fell for this Bulls#@t (Bulls#@t).

kyhunter28
02-28-2005, 12:59 PM
I have been hunting there for the past 8 or 9 years. I like the hunt there,the deer are small but it just makes it easier to drag them out. Taste the same, lol. I killed all of my bucks there exept for a couple. I couldn't tell you ow many dos I have taken there but I have noticed that the deer heard is getting close to the carring capacity there. I have seen some very nice deer taken out of there. I have taken 137 inch buck there, my biggest.Its just getting together with my buddies and enjoying the outdoors.
Might have sen you down there digger before I new you. Did you ever come back to the check station and have dinner with everyone?

Valley Station
02-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Do they hunt the "old Knob State Forest tract"??

Ispinfish
02-28-2005, 02:59 PM
It was just released today that Bernheim Forest will be having their first quota hunt in many years. The first 300 callers will be awarded a spot in this great hunt. Call fast the spots will go quick. Have your credit card and Hunter safety card handy!!!

I guess some Peta Loving SOB posted this number. In case one of the moderators is interested.. this is a phone number to a Gay Guys Humping phone number.. GET IT OFF HERE.

Feedman
02-28-2005, 04:21 PM
I had the pleasure of going on the First Quota hunt that they had back in the 80's. You talk about browse lines. They had eaten everything in sight. I found 3 dead deer and some of the ones killed were so poor, I don't see how you could get much meat off of them.

WBBP
02-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Infantry Grunt:

You called the wrong number. The have another line for Army Ranger types:

1-800 Don't ask Don't Tell.............

InfantryGrunt
02-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Infantry Grunt:

You called the wrong number. The have another line for Army Ranger types:

1-800 Don't ask Don't Tell.............

And you have that number memorized? :confused:

Hmmm....now I know why you are so friendly. :D

WBBP
02-28-2005, 09:34 PM
IG:

Actually, Skinddog gave the number to me! :eek:

buckdroppings
02-28-2005, 09:49 PM
:D :D :D That is great. I didn't call the number but your reaction was funny enough.:D :D

kyhunter28
03-01-2005, 12:18 AM
Yes Valley Station they hunt the old knob forest. My buddy has hunted ther since day one and tells me stories about the first quota hunt there. He said you just parked near a field and wait for daylight and see deer all over the field. He said they would come up to you looking for something to eat. The hunting has realy improved now that we have some lower numbers. I have seen some better bucks in the last 3 years than the first couple of years there.

Remington
03-01-2005, 02:08 PM
I had the priviledge of hunting Bernheim Forest about 8 years ago as one of the rangers got myself and a buddy of mine on one of the quota hunts. Some of the area was restricted to hunting, but most of the area was covered by deer. Most of the deer I seen hunting and being checked in were very small.

raktrakr
03-04-2005, 06:44 PM
the fellas at work tried to pull that one on me tonite

grinder
03-05-2005, 05:22 PM
what would you have to do to apply for a quota hunt..., or a job!

skin_dog1
03-05-2005, 11:50 PM
I'm glad I finally read this post so that I can protect my honor! All I can say is DID NOT!!!!!