PDA

View Full Version : Lake Guntersville fall fishing

huntingtime1414
08-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Guys I'm heading to the big G in late September for a week. I know most of my fishing will be a with a frog over the grass and flipping grass mats as well. I take an annuall trip every year at the end of April and the grass for the most part is still not up. My question is where are some of the best locations with the grass chocking out the lake this time of year. I'm totally stoked about going and especially fishing top water but don't know what to expect this time of year. Thanks for info

billproxs
08-23-2013, 07:50 PM
I go to lake Guntersville in Alabama every year. It is a great lake if you go to the right places. I would use Shakey Head Worms, Lizards, and Swim Baits out on the main lake structure and in main lake stump fields. Also try to find Ledges out on the main lake, the Bass will be staging and schooling there.

When we fish there in the summer, it seems that the Bass are on top of the Ledges on flats feeding in the early morning, and in the evening, then in midday they are down on the sides of the ledges in deeper water.

If you have a good sonar or side scan/ down scan unit try to go from ledge to ledge looking for schools of Bass, once you find them start fishing.