PDA

View Full Version : Split season and blackpowder

KYhunter
12-19-2002, 04:44 AM
Perhaps I have missed it, but does anyone know what will happen to blackpowder if the Dept goes to the two 9 day split season? Will it really end up just being more firearms deer season in Dec?

Multidigits
12-19-2002, 09:52 AM
Yes==They(Gassett) doesn't want to take away from "traditional" seasons. I haven't figured that one out yet.

Walt K
12-19-2002, 10:31 AM
Multi,
I was told by Mr. Gassett that overlapping the POSSIBLY proposed Dec. gun season into the muzzleloader season has not been determined yet, in fact, he has not even determined IF he'll even ask the Commission for a split gun deer season. Are you saying he's told you something different?

Multidigits
12-19-2002, 11:49 AM
I was told what I just said. That they want to find a way to sandwhich the seasons in so as it doesn't take away from traditional hunting seasons. The Black Powder Season hasn't been mentioned as being effected and it won't be. Unless it's moved forward into the season that is now Fall Turkey. Gassett won't have the final say, but he will propose just what we're talking about. But I hope he reads this and makes me a liar.

MrBowhunter
12-19-2002, 12:29 PM
I got this from the Bowsite, apparently there are other bowhunters that think there is sound reasoning to splitting the gun deer season.

"i would like to see the gun season later, i would also like to see a doe only seperate gun season to cut down on cheating the system, i kinda have to agree with razorhead though, that big bucks genes can be passed on when he's still a little buck, plus his kinfolk have those genes also. most of trophy bucks get there simply by allowing them to live to their third or fourth birthday.i still think if it was doe only every other year, ky would be tops in trophy bucks. i know no one wants to hear this!"

doekiller
12-19-2002, 03:14 PM
One gun season in November

Then another in December

Both to run for 9 days (Sat thru a Sun)

Weapon of your choice

P. Beyer
12-19-2002, 05:02 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by doekiller</i>
<br />One gun season in November

Then another in December

Both to run for 9 days (Sat thru a Sun)

Weapon of your choice
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

OUCH!

"It makes no difference whether I got anything; it has to do with how the day was spent"

Fred Bear

Flintlock54
12-19-2002, 08:59 PM
I would hate to see anything that would disturb the two Blackpowder seasons we now have.

Rob
12-20-2002, 09:30 PM
Archery season to open first weekend in Sept.

Antlerless only modern gun season 3nd thru 4th weekends in Oct. (ONLY in counties needing doe reduction!)

Early MZ last weekend in Oct.

Antlered/antlerless modern gun season 2nd thru 4rd weekends in Nov.

Late MZ 2nd thru 3rd weekend in Dec.

Rob